"As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change. . . I will always keep falling in love with you" ~KC

Sunday, March 23, 2008

EASTER...

HAPPY EASTER!!! This is a beautiful day to celebrate!

Easter:
Oh... the cute Easter Bunny, decorating colorful eggs, cookies and the famous easter-egg hunt! Candy, candy and more candy! New Spring Easter Dresses!!! Oh, and more tempting easter candy!


Eas-ter:
A church feast observed on a Sunday in March or April in commemoration of Christ's resurrection.


It has taken years for me to understand the true meaning of Easter and the great worth it is in my life! I want to reflect on just a few of Christ's characteristics and the importance it is to me. First of all, LOVE: He was meek and submissive to Heavenly Father's will , in order to accomplish the Atonement. "What He did is staggering to contemplate. No wonder He can help us along. He knows the way." Christ's Love is so profound and comprehensive that even while enduring inifinite suffering, he still noticed the suffering, yet nurtured those that endured much less anguish. Jesus exemplifies Love perfectly!!!
Secondly is Patience & Long-Suffering: Many times I haved felt pushed with trials to my breaking point! Doubt and discouragement seem to take over quickly in mind and heart. "Tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope" and hope brings more of the love of God. If I will submit to my "afflictions," whatever it is, this will later lead to a far greater light! "Ye cannot bear all things now;.... I will lead you along." Christ knows our bearing capacities and thanks to Him, these challenges become milestones. He is also a perfect example of patience and long-suffering.
Last is Meekness & Humility: Small, positive adjustments can make big differences in the process of time. Love, Care and Hear rather than Need, Want and Demand those of family, friends and other relationships. I don't believe my personality is like this, but if I've given off this status I hope to change the want or desire that drives me to be one up from other people!!! "Will we reclassify others, knowing that forgetting is part of forgiving?"
"Nothing in the entire plan of salvation compares in any way in importance with that most transcendent of all events, the atoning sacrifice of our Lord." I am eternally grateful for Christ, my brother, my Savior, my Rock! He has no fissures in His foundation. He never disappoints us. He never falters. His love never fails. He never fails to bring pass His purposes. He waits with open arms for me and all of Gods children. Through my faith and obedience I will look forward to being clasped in His arms!... what a wonderful day that will be!!! My desires are to be able to look him in the eyes and see that he is proud of me and satisfied with my work, dedication and diligence in his gospel! :)

Thought of the day:
"Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." -Phil.

6 comments:

Lobdell family said...

He is an amazing example. It is amazing to see the differences in how strong people can be in a time of struggles. It is also amazing to see how close a branch in the church is compared to a regular ward. You really do depend on the other members more than you realize.

Downs Family said...

Natalie thanks for your comment on my blog. I love finding new people to blog with. It looks so beautiful down there in Cali. Good luck with school and everything. Keep in touch!

gma and gpa M said...

What a neat blog you have going. I have really enjoyed reading some of your entries tonight. We hope school and all is going very well for you. We love you guys and are happy that we are part of your extended family.

Malia Ervin said...

Nat
It's so cool to be back in touch with you! It's crazy how modern technology can bring people back together. You are just so cute and so sweet and I really love reading your blog. It would be funny to see some pictures of when we were little, I totally remember hanging out at your house listening to C & C Music factory and doing flips off your bed and landing on a bean bag. So funny the memories I have. Those were the Trevor Laycock and Jared Clement days remember??? Well I'm glad we're back in touch, my husband is from Long Beach and we go back every few months maybe next time we're out we could meet up for a bit. Tell Josh hi for me, take care and good luck with everything - I'm praying for you guys to start your little family, you deserve everything life can give you.

Kris and BJ said...

Natalie,
I am so glad I found your blog. It is not fair that you become more beautiful with age!!! I am touched by your blog. You are such a strong and an amazing person. I think that YOu can tell a lot about a person from their blog and I can tell that you are still the sweet, and strong person you have always been.

Kris and BJ said...

BTW I saw that you have wade and Ashlee on your blog. How do you know them? We have been good friends with from our days in Cedar