"As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change. . . I will always keep falling in love with you" ~KC

Sunday, November 23, 2008

GAP Model?!

Doesn't he look HOT???!!!!! Well, in my eyes he could be a sexy GAP Model!! :) :) :) But! I have someone else in mind!... :)

After trying to convince me for a year, Josh can finally mark his calendar!! I attended my first Ayuda Clinic with him... yeay!! :) If I only knew what I'd been missing... my face would've been to every clinic, and in a heartbeat!! It was something else to watch the students setup, organize and work together!.... = teamwork, right?! They did awesome!
I was not only excited to finally take some pictures of Josh "in action", but to see, experience and meet people he associates and works with. In some ways this reminded me of my 2 week "Survivor" Humanitarian Expedition in Peru as well. How humbling when children are at your mercy with full trust in your knowledge, help, capabilities and love!!!
Ayuda Clinic
The setup of dental chairs and tools
The pit
Just a small portion of materials needed for students working on their patient(s).

Diagnosis & Screening
(Mike Christensen, Spanish Fork, Utah & Jed Huss Orange, California Class of 2011)

Radiology
Kaulana "Big K" Seto, Hawaii & Jon Harmon, Oregon Class of 2011
Kyle Christensen Class of 2012, Lindon, Utah

OHI & Fluoride Tx
Courtesy of USC Dental Hygiene
Anesthesia

I was proud of these little girls! (above & below pics) :) The poor thing (above) had crocodile tears rolling down her face as they gave her some anesthesia for a few teeth. She was stiff as a board with her palms and fingers stretching out for someone to save her. Out of instinct I wanted so badly to sit down and hold her hand... Oh, it just killed me!! The gorgeous lil Tanya (below) starting crying right as she stepped in the building! That's exactly what I would've done! LOL!!... We both must feel the same way about dentists!.... DON'T LIKE NEEDLES and DRILLS!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
But!... I didn't want to get in the way since they were trying to push through about 100 children.
I took quite a load of pics of the lil beauty herself. In a sense, I think it calmed her down a little bit. She was so dang cute!... I just fell in love with her! Every time I would sneak by and see how the two students were doing on her, she would lift her little hand and wave to me. :) :) So, here is her GORGEOUS smile after getting some professional work done!... Time to go get signed up as our newest GAP Model! :)
There was so much more excitement to this day, such as; I am now in charge of getting copies of my photos to the Ayuda Clinic, Doctor's in charge and School District!!!! But!... the most important part was seeing my Sweetie Pea work at his best in teaching other students as well as taking fantastic care of these children in need of a Pretty Smile!!! .... seeing that put the Biggest Smile on my face!!!!! I'm so Proud of you Love!!!!!!!!! :);)
Thought of the day:
"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."~MT

8 comments:

Elizabeth Reid said...

That is so awesome. I bet those kids will always remember the people who helped them feel better about themselves by giving them beautiful smiles.

Lobdell family said...

was this clinic for low-income children? They did a great job!!

Brenda B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ericksons said...

Those are great pictures. I think they should hire you on! Josh said they all loved your pictures. Good work. That girl is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Nat-
What a great experience! Isn't it so fun to see your hubby all grown up?! Tell me you are coming to UT soon?? We need to celebrate the big 30 together!!! OUCH, that is going to hurt! Luv ya!

Jen said...

Wow, they look so official! I had no idea. That's so great to have those pics documenting his experience

mjmurdo said...

It was so much fun to see pictures of the Ayuda Clinic. Thanks for posting them. Josh looks very professional. I love you and can't wait to see you again. MOM

Bobbi said...

Wait! Is Josh a dentist? In dental school? My husband just bought his own dental practice a year ago...it's been a long road, but definitely worth it!